Tomatoes: 4 medium (315 gms, roughly chopped)
Onion: 1 medium (70 gms, roughly chopped)
Garlic cloves: 2-3
Water: ½ cup
Ghee: 1 tbsp
Whole wheat flour: 1 tbsp
Milk: 1 cup
1. Add tomatoes, onion, and garlic in a pressure cooker and cook. Let the cooker whistle one on high flame and the other 2 on low flame. Switch off the gas. Let the pressure release by itself.
2. Let the mixture cool.
3. Grind into a smooth paste.
4. Sieve it.
5. In a wok/kadai heat ghee. Add whole wheat flour and roast it, until it changes color.
6. Add milk slowly making sure no lumps remain. Bring it to a boil.
7. Add the pureed tomato mixture to it.
8. Let it boil.
9. Add salt and black pepper as per taste.
10. Serve hot with bread croutons etc.
11. Yummy and healthy “Cream of tomato soup” is ready.